Science and technology-led growth leading to enhanced productivity, profitability and sustainability of agriculture
Farmer-centric growth in agriculture and allied sectors through application of appropriate technologies in specific agro-ecosystem perspective
Technology Assessment and Demonstration for its Application and Capacity Development
- On-farm testing to assess the location specificity of agricultural technologies under various farming systems.
- Organize Frontline Demonstrations to establish production potential of technologies on the farmers’ fields.
- Capacity development of farmers and extension personnel to update their knowledge and skills on modern agricultural technologies.
- To work as knowledge and resource centre of agricultural technologies for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector in improving the agricultural economy of the district.
- Provide farm advisories using ICT and other media means on varied subjects of interest of farmers
In addition, KVK produce quality technological products (seed, planting material, bio-agents, livestock) and make it available to farmers, organize frontline extension activities, identify and document selected farm innovations and converge with ongoing schemes and programs within the mandate of KVK.
Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Chandel is a district level Institution engaged in transfer of latest agricultural technologies to the end users for bridging the gap between production and productivity. It works through partnership mode with allied departments and agencies. The KVK Chandel was established on 11th October 2006 under the administrative control of the ICAR Research Complex for North Eastern Hill Region, Umiam, Meghalaya. Since inception, KVK, Chandel has been endeavouring for the upliftment of socio- economic condition of the farming community of the district through scientific intervention in the agricultural and allied sectors.
The Chandel District (formerly known as Tengnoupal District) came into existence on May 13, 1974. The District lies in the south-eastern part of Manipur at 24o40′ N Latitude and 93o50′ E Longitude. It is the border district of the state. Its neighbours are Myanmar (erstwhile Burma) on the south, Ukhrul district on the east, Churachandpur district on the south and west, and Thoubal district on the north. It is about 64 km. away from Imphal. The National Highway NH-2 earlier known as NH-39 passes through this district.
It is a hill district with an area of 3,313 sq. km. As per Census 2011, Chandel had population of 133,182 (Male – 74,579 and female – 69, 603) and, the literacy rate is 71.11% ( Male 77.78% & Female 63.96%). The density of population per sq. km. is 44. Schedule Caste (SC) constitutes 0.4% while Schedule Tribe (ST) were 89% of total population in Chandel district of Manipur.
You must be logged in to post a comment.